- I have never gone to a certain ice cream store in East Syracuse by myself, ordered a banana split with mint chocolate chip ice cream and extra hot fudge, and eaten it in shame in my car. Alone. While scrolling on Facebook.
- I have never eaten a whole pizza by myself. Even a gluten-free one. No way.
- And since I have Celiac Disease, I have never eaten a warm, doughy crescent roll straight from the oven. Oh hell no! I made those for my son!
- I’ve never put myself last on the list. That would be hypocritical, given that I remind people every damn day at Method 360 to TAKE time for themselves!
- I have NEVER lost two weeks of my life without a workout because of the stress of work and a traveling spouse.
- When I hate myself for a behavior or thought, I never judge myself. I am mindful of being kind and supportive to me.
- I have NEVER hated one moment of any Method 360 class. Even when it’s so hard that I can’t stand it one more minute, I am just so happy to be training!
- I’ve never thought about anything else while I’m on the workout floor. I am SO focused when I workout, really listening to every word the trainer says, because – really – if you cannot focus on your workout, what the fuck are you doing there?
- When I have to shake up my workout and do something I really dislike in order to change my body - maybe running or cycling or boxing, I LOVE THAT!! I never rebel against a good rut!
Go ahead: wallow, get low, and look around. It doesn’t feel too good down here.
Do you, like me, need a good kick in the ass and a gigantic reset button?
Tonight I take pity on myself as I write this blog post and find some humor in the hellacious choices I’ve made recently.
Tomorrow, I fly.