Shari’s Method 360 story began in December 2012...Up 18 pounds from when I was diagnosed with breast cancer and having just finished treatment, I asked a friend about the Method 360 classes she'd spoken about. I needed something to get my weakened and exhausted body back into shape.
My friend explained that a trainer named Trish leads these classes that give you a full body workout (cardio, strength, and core) and can be modified for athletes at any level. I showed up that Sunday for a trial class and gasped for breath, dripping with sweat for an hour. Absolutely perfect! The next day, I signed up for a program and committed to going to classes 6 days a week, completing daily food logs, and having my weight and body-fat measured every other week.
Method 360's program was exactly what I needed. The trainers were both coaches and friends to me, noticing improvements I was making and giving hints about how to improve even more. Not only that, but the other people in the classes got to know me and encouraged me, as well. It took about 3 weeks of the daily workouts, but soon I was no longer gasping for breath. I was working hard and really feeling fit. During my program, I lost almost all of my chemo weight and also gained muscle, but that was no longer the goal. I'd found a way to stay in shape that makes me happy.
Eight months after starting at Method 360, I completed a triathlon and began to enjoy running for the first time in my life. I still attend classes frequently, but have learned so much from Method 360 about how to be an athlete that I can also workout and train for races on my own."
We asked Shari some questions about Method 360 and her journey.
- How would you describe Method 360 to someone?: Like a boot camp, but Trish is a Manlius mom with a yoga background and is really educated about how our bodies work, so it’s not just someone yelling at you to work harder.
- What brings you back class after class?: I like to exercise in many ways, but at M360, I’ve become friends with the other clients, and I like to see everyone.
- What inspires you to keep going when things get difficult?: This: Obese and overweight women face increased risk of recurrence of most common type of breast cancer.
- What have you learned from Trish/M360?: That the best trainers have to be nerds.
- What goals have you achieved since starting M360? What do you hope to achieve in the future?: Back to feeling fit for the first time in 20 years, and I hope to stay that way. The races I do are just fun ways to motivate myself, but the goal is to be in shape.
- What is your favorite Trish-ism?: “I used to tell the girls in Nantucket to literally dig a hole in the sand."
Rumor has it that Shari has registered for her first half marathon! Method 360 will be there to support you the entire way! Shari, we are so proud of you & offer you a Method 360 5-class pass as a thank you for being our February success story. See you in the studio very soon!