Andy, a psychiatrist with a busy practice and family, has been a Method 360 client since November 2014. He’s been challenged – like all of us – and has successfully overcome those struggles, integrating fitness into his very full life!
Andy loves that Method 360 “does not follow the same old ideas that do NOT work, such as ‘no pain, no gain’. They do not talk about weight loss or how you look as the goal of fitness, but rather as a fringe benefit.
“Also, most importantly, they design workouts taking into account the latest scientific findings on fitness. You actually learn this science as you exercise. For example, we all now know it takes 22 minutes before fat metabolism kicks in. Anyone who has taken 5 classes at Method can recite this number without even thinking!”
- He changed his perspective: “I simply made exercise part of my program. I realized I need it.”
- He prioritized his scheduling: “I don’t say to myself, ‘Can I fit exercise in this week?’ any more. I say, ‘When can I fit it in?’ I even buy a day pass at gyms when I’m out of town.”
- He adjusted his approach: As a physician, I have a very busy work schedule and it’s difficult make a lot of classes at Method 360. To accommodate, I try my best to attend 2 classes a week. On my other workout days, I replicate a M360 workout in my basement. This adds variety into my routine since I have some different equipment at home. It also allows me flexibility to alter my workout schedule around the family’s weekend activities.
Well, you decide:
- “My self-image has improved. I feel fit and more confident in my body. I am no longer embarrassed to take off my shirt.
- “I felt more capable of tackling challenges and taking risks. Since I made such dramatic progress in my fitness, even becoming able to accomplish physical feats I never thought I would achieve, like doing pull-ups, I began feeling more capable of pursuing things I want. This even included making major changes in my career that were risky but rewarding!”
Andy has achieved goals we all have: get stronger, get healthier with regular exercise, become inspired, be a role model for my children…He also has very concrete future goals for his fitness, and we don’t doubt he will achieve them.
“The biggest goal I’m working towards is to develop physical exercise as a treatment for Depression into a practical, real treatment available to all patients suffering from Depression. Thanks to everyone at Method 360 for inspiring me to pursue this and for helping to bring it to fruition.”
Andy, thank you for bringing your Exercise for Depression Clinic to Method 360, for believing in us as a vehicle for your own fitness, and for telling your story to inspire others. Enjoy an assessment on us to help motivate you to keep going!